
This morning our aunt had to go home to Boston to pack for her trip to London, so we all drove in together to drop her off and go to the Museum of Science.

Promptly at noon we reached the Museum of Science but, before we could look at anything we had to say goodbye to our aunt first. After our goodbyes we first went to the kinetic sculpture as seen above. It is basically a huge marble run but more advanced and uses pool balls. It is by George Rhoads, and it is called "Archimedean Excogitation". Here is a video my dad found on youtube so you can see and hear it in motion. Speaking of kinetic sculptures, here is a really cool video of some kinetic sculptures that my grandma sent me.

Next we went to the nature exhibit and saw some amazing things. Maia was obsessed with the lions, tigers, and bears. We also saw some amazing skulls like a crocodile's and a loggerhead's which my mom thought looked like a panda's head. [Below is the turtle skull.]


Here's Joseph doing a real live I Spy.

Maia looking at drawers of turtles.
Maia was most excited about the dinosaurs. Here she is putting her hand in a Tyrannosaurus Rex's footprint.


Joseph is putting his hand in a dinosaurs mouth.

After that we went to the Hands On exhibit that explored the 5 senses. There was a infrared camera that tracked us and we could see ourselves on the screen. There was a machine that you could use to look at every country and ocean and zoom in on both. There was a nature exhibit with turtles and snakes.

This was an exhibit where you could create your own fish and release them into a virtual tank. There were also other fish that would interact with your fish, including some predators!

Next we went to the Discovery Center and went upstairs and played with some blocks and some messages in a tube. There also was a pipe blowing air out of it causing a beach ball to levitate in the air.
Meanwhile Maia was downstairs playing in the children's area where I used to play when I was a preschooler.




After work, our dad met us at the Museum of Science, and as we were leaving, we managed to snap a last picture of the Naboo star fighter retired from the movie that was hanging in the main exhibit hall.
After the Museum of Science, we went to the Cambridge Public Library. It had a whole floor of children's books. It was like paradise! I picked up _Magyk_, _Dragon Keeper_, _Troll Mill_, and _Stone Heart_. Jeffrey got the first 3 Artemis Fowl books and the first book in the Redwall series, _Martin the Warrior_. Mom also picked up some books, and so did the babies.


After the library we went to the Koreana, a Korean BBQ restaurant. We were able to cook the meat on a grill on the table. My favorite was the beef bulgogi. After that, we went home. The other three kids fell asleep on the drive home. It might have been an exhausting day, but boy, it was sure fun.
(Posted by John, accidentally signed in as Jeffrey).
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou are a very good writer. I enjoyed reading your blog.
I am glad that you all had a great time yesterday.
I am almost done with packing and I will leave tomorrow afternoon.
I know you will help dad take care of Jeffrey, Joseph and Maia when your mom goes to visit uncle Dan tomorrow. You are a very good brother.
I already miss you guys. Hope I will have time to visit you all again during my last year of college.
Lots of love,
Auntie Jennifer